Monday, October 10, 2011

My Monday Off

Monday, October 10, 2011

It's 11 am and I'm surfing the web to look for deals.  Anna told me about all these sites that have coupons (that stupid show "Extreme Couponing" has me hooked on finding deals and although we can't do everything they can do in the States I'm going to look for Canadian alternatives.

Wish me luck!!!

Now as promised here is my famous butter tart recipe:

2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup of dark Sultana raisins
3/4 cup of pancake syrup or maple syrup
2 softened tablespoons of butter

1.  Mix all of the above ingredients with a spoon (don't use a mixer).

2.  Thaw 24 tart shells for 10 minutes (I use only Tenderflake tart shells) at room temp.

3.  Fill the tart shells 3/4 full with the mixture.

4.  Place on cookie sheet.

5.  Put in oven at 400 degrees far. for 10 mins.

6.  Lower the heat to 325 degrees far. for another 10 mins.  Edges will brown.

7.  Cool and serve.

**Unfortunately these are not gluten-free because of the tart shells but you can substitute.  I haven't tried this yet but if I find gluten-free tart shells I'll try it so I can enjoy them too.

ENJOY!!!!! More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment