Saturday, October 22, 2011

2 Days Late

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I know, I know, I'm two days late with my post.  What can I say but Ive just been busy.  I hate missing a day but I'll make up for it now.

The kid's big move was today.  My nephew who was going to provide a truck and help with the move had to go to a jobsite in Kingston so we were one man down.  Mike, my firstborn, thank goodness did not let us down.  He showed up with a van and more stuff he was giving the kid for her new place.  Also we rented a truck.  I got up early (I always do anyway) and cleared the front hallway for the move and brought stuff up from the basement for the guys to load on to the truck.  The kid had to meet the "Brick" guys at the condo so they could take up the new furniture she bought.  All this while she was in pain with her back...............

So I'll be over at the kid's place tonight to toast her new found freedom.  I'm very proud of her.  Everything she's accomplished she has done on her own.  She has a strong sense of independence while remaining fiercely loyal to those who love her.

I can't help but reflect on the days when she wore her "ET" slippers and had the forever bottle hanging from her mouth so she could be "hands-free" to play or do other things.  It's hard to describe the love a parent has for a child.  Many books have been written about it I'm sure but I can only see it from my own perspective.  As I've said it before I adore her and always will.  When I first saw those big blue eyes, she had me.

Until later..........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment