Saturday, June 2, 2012

Soaker Saturday!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Let's first go back to Thursday when my beautiful granddaughter made her debut at my workplace.  I was so proud to take her around the office and show her off.  Many of you have followed her pics on Facebook but to meet her in person is a whole different ball game.

She has the most striking blue eyes I have ever seen.  They captivate your attention and everyone remarked how beautiful they were.

Some pics taken that day:


Showing off her crawling skills

Nat and her mom


It was a fabulous day.  After visiting with me, Nat and her mom met hubby for lunch and some shopping.  She got to see the Disney store for the very first time.  Hubby said she was fascinated with everything in the store.

So yesterday, my FIL and his girlfriend arrived during a soaker Friday.  We went out to eat amidst a hurricane type rainstorm.  So far today it's taking a break this morning but by the look of the sky there just may be a "Soaker Saturday" on it's way.  Oh well so much for the patio plans.

My SIL is coming for dinner today to see her dad and hopefully we can BBQ the steaks.  We shall see...

On another note:

Now I must tell you that I have been searching for a diningroom cabinet for eons.  When I bought my new table and chairs I couldn't decide on a cabinet so didn't purchase one at the time.  I'm  only now seriously looking.

I've seen many but it has to be a particular style, colour and be the right size for the space (we have a small diningroom).  Oh and don't forget price!  I'll let you know when I finally find it.  The search continues.

Also, I need a dress for the wedding next week.  I'm cheap (did you know that)?  So I also have to find a bargain out there.  A friend advised me to check out Sears Warehouse but I'm also considering thrift stores (one man's trash is another man's treasure).

I'm thinking a cocktail style dress in a taupe or champagne color.  We shall see.  I'll keep you updated.  I already have the "fascinator".

I must also make mention that there were a group of ladies sitting next to us Thursday evening at our local hangout and guess what they were talking about?  Fascinators.  I'm telling you they are hot right now and getting hotter.  Winner's has also increased the volume and selection of the ones they carry.

Now for some beautiful pics I'd like to share:

Venice

Hat Fasinator



Venice Festival


Salute!

Ciao for now everyone and have a great weekend!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment