Sunday, June 10, 2012

Satisfied Sunday!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Why satisfied you ask?  Well yesterday morning the kid and I went on a garage sale treasure hunt and treasure we found.  We went to the kid's area in Etobicoke where there were lots going on.

For example, at one house the kid got a Kurig coffee and expresso machine for $10.00, a stainless steel bread box for $2.00, a brand new set of large red wine glasses for $1.00 and a beautiful large framed print of the New York skyline at night for $2.00.

At the same house I bought a Maple Leafs pullover for the boy and a shirt for hubby - total $2.00.
Also, I got a gorgeous "Evenflo" hi-chair for FREE!!!

At another house I bought a beautiful plant for the patio for $10.00 and at another, a wine carafe and 2 porceline decanters for a total of $2.00.  Let's just say it was a productive morning.

After that we went to the kid's condo to do a few things including unload her "finds", then back to our place to get ready to go to an Irish wedding we were attending in Milton.  Thank goodness for our GPS.

Anyway, it was a beautiful outdoor wedding and I wish I had pics to share but unfortuately my camera died.  There were lots of "fasinators" and the kid wore a beautiful emerald green one with feathers she had bought earlier at Winners.

While I was at the reception I met an interesting and sweet couple who are getting married in October.  She informed me that she's on Pinterest (I really should get back on there)and is a crafter and will making a lot of the decorations for her upcoming wedding.  Must tell my blogger buddy.

Now on kind of a sour note, I've been struggling with a migraine since Friday afternoon.  Thankful that at least I have the next couple of days off to rest in between playing on my laptop, getting organized for our own garage sale and getting down to see my mom as she hasn't been doing too well lately and I'm more concerned than usual.  I've tried to reach her today but to no avail.  Mom turned 81 years young yesterday and we had planned to take her out today if she was up to it.  Not sure yet if that's going to happen.  Love you Mom!

So the migraine is getting the better of me so I'm off to lay down for a bit.



Will catch up with you later...

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment