Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Sunday

Sunday, June 17, 2012

To all you dads out there I want to wish you all a Happy Father's Day!  Remember not all dads are birth dads.  I love my father dearly because even though he didn't raise me, he's my blood.  There  is a bond there and though he is no longer here he is always in my thoughts.

I was raised by my aunt and uncle from the time I was four years old.  Uncle Bert taught me how to hold a knife & fork, tie my shoes, ride a bicycle, take me to the dentist, say please and thank-you and the list goes on.  He was my father figure and I adored him and although I didn't always agree with him I certainly appreciate the childhood he gave me. He gave me a strong foundation that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I feel very strongly that it's the people that raise you that are your "parents".  The ones that take care of you when you are sick, wipe your tears and tell you bedtime stories until you fall asleep.

I am forever grateful to you Uncle Bert and miss you so much.  Both my "fathers" have passed on but will forever be in my memories.


My Father in the fifties with my sister Irene


Unfortunately, I haven't a pic of Uncle Bert saved in my photo gallery but will do so in the near future.

Now I must mention my hubby that has raised my daughter since she was nine years old and thinks of her as his own.  He's a fabulous dad. I wish more men had the qualities that he possesses.  He's one of a kind.  Love ya!


Hubby, me and the kid

Now last but not least, the boy.  He's a new dad with a daunting task of raising his daughter which he has put his heart and soul into.  Not easy to do when his health is not at it's best.



Nat and her dad, the boy

I know a lot of great dads out there, some are friends and some are co-workers.  You are doing a great job and you deserve a pat on the back.  Keep it up!!!

Until later...

Ciao






No comments:

Post a Comment