Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weary Wednesday!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Well it's back to work today after being off for 4 days straight.  I got into the habit of afternoon naps and late nights so today should be interesting.

Also, I'm having dental surgery tomorrow after work and not looking forward to it.  Apparently I'll be down for 3 days so Friday may be iffy.  A lot of pain and healing to look forward to.

Anyway, I saw on the news that there has been an outbreak of Legionairre's Disease in Edinburgh, Scotland (my maternal grandfather's birthplace).  Poor Scotland because a few years ago the same thing happened.  This year 16 people ended up in the hospital critical and one died. 
The air ducts in a city that old would probably not be in top shape.  Hopefully the outbreak has passed.  Edinburgh is a great city, rich in history and beauty and a place I want to visit one day.



  I remember when we had an outbreak here in North America in the '70's. They said it was a virus that spread through the air-conditioning ducts. Everyone was paranoid. A lot of people died from that outbreak.  Hopefully it doesn't come back here.

Now my friend is holding herself "acountable" so I am striving to do the same.  My research continues.

Stay tuned for my"deals of the week".

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment