Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mid-week Wednesday!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Well it's mid-week Wednesday and I'm trying to be "accountable".

I am angry this morning for something I've been following on the news.  The Elliot Lake fiasco.  Why fiasco?  The roof of a mall in Elliot Lake collapsed 4 days ago trapping shoppers.  Cars that were parked on the roof of the mall came hurtling down along with the structure.  A lot of shoppers were trapped and 3 days ago the "so-called" search and rescue team heard tapping sounds from under the debris.  Did they go to investigate?  No.  Unfortunately they weren't able to get to that person because the search was called off.  Apparently, because it was too dangerous for the workers to continue.  Oh boo hoo.  Shame on you!

Did I miss something?  I thought these men and women who join these teams know the danger involved and that's what they signed up for.  It took the premier of Ontario to step in and order the the team back to work and do what they were supposed to.  How can you walk away from something like that knowing full well that there is at least 1 survivor?  How can you sleep at night or look at yourself in the mirror?  I know I couldn't.

Well now they have special cranes and a robotic arm to help in the search.  I just hope it's not too late...

Shame on you!

To be continued...

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment