Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Something to think about.....

Tuesday, November 8, 2011
After a conversation with a friend today I got to thinking about how years ago, in school, children were considered to have a disability if they were left-handed and reprimanded by the teacher if seen writing with their left hand.  Those kids had to go to "special" classes and were constantly being centered out in class.  Well thank God that went by the wayside.  Actually, I read an article recently about a study done showing that left-handed people tend to be more creative, artistic, highly intelligent and some even believe clairvoyant. 

The school system has come a long way but it still has it's flaws.  The left-handers are no longer ridiculed but the lessons of fundamental spelling and grammer have definitely taken a back seat in modern teaching.  Very sad.  What we've produced in this society are illiterates graduating university.  I remember my son's teacher telling me that the reason schools were no longer concentrating on the basics was because it inhibitated the child's creativity.  In otherwards, they could write better when not worried about the grammer and spelling.  Their thoughts could just flow.  I believe that's why we have "drafts".  You write your "draft" paper then go back and make the corrections.  Makes sense to me.

My smart friend summed it up well - you can't build a building with the "foundation".

Something to think about...

Here's a pic:



Arriving in Rome....we'll be back!!!

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment