Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm Sickened

Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm sickened by what I just saw on Dr. Drew and have to write about it while it's still fresh in my mind.

My new hero is Hillary Adams who posted a video of her taking a vicious beating at the hands of her father when she was sixteen.  Apparently, he caught her downloading music on her computer.  OMG!!! She had gone through these beatings before so she hid a camera on her dresser which recorded video AND audio.  What a man!!! Such a tough guy beating his daughter viciously with a strap.  This so-called man is a judge in Texas who oversees court cases involving issues like this.  I think he should be locked in a jail cell with a guy named Sven......

Anyway, these so-called disciplinary actions by family members are disgusting and leave emotional scars on their victims for the rest of their lives.  A girl's father is the first man she'll ever love.  How he raises her and treats her affects the men she chooses in her life when she reaches adulthood.  How can she ever trust a man when the one man she thought she could trust, does this to her.

I've witnessed this type of brutality in my own life when my grandfather used to whip my sister with a belt so badly that the welts left on her legs affected how she walked.  I can still hear her screaming begging him to stop.  Unfortunately, later in life, drugs were her escape and finally helped lead to her demise.

We have to make the so-called people accountable for their actions and stop turning a blind eye.

It's not just men either.  Women are also abusive just not as frequently and not to the same degree as men.

You can not beat a stranger and get away with it so why are these people beating family members and getting away with it?

I'm sickened.....

No comments:

Post a Comment