Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fasinator Tuesday

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hope everyone is well and sorry I'm late with my post.  Been crazy busy on the homefront helping hubby get ready for his upcoming trip among other things.
Why title my post with "Fascinator Tuesday" well I'm in love with fascinators.  Ever since I saw the beautiful and outrageous ones worn by the aristocracy at Will & Kate's wedding, I was intrigued.  I've always loved hats and head adornments of all kinds but these really make a statement.

There are many available at stores like Winners and even Shopper's Drug Mart has a few.  Also, check out websites online.  Okay, they are not as elaborate as what the aristocracy were wearing at the Royal Wedding but I fell in love with one I saw at the Winner's on the Esplanade in downtown Toronto.  I should have taken a pic of it.  It was black with a round wide brim tilted to the side and adorned with pearls and silk.  A must see.  Quite ornate and  beautiful.  Below are a sampling of some other fascinators available.


The above are just a few examples of what's out there.  I will be posting pics of more that I find.

I think they are going to take off in the fashion world big time from just a select few wearing them to everyday women wanting to wear them wanting to make their own personal statement, especially with the warm weather fast approaching.

I purchased an understated one in black with pearls that I will be wearing to an Irish wedding in June.  Can't wait.  Don't know which I love more, hats, fascinators or scarves or maybe I just love accessories.  Mmmm I'm getting some creative ideas.

I'll be on the hunt for more "fascinators" and post them on my blog with prices and availability.

Stay tuned..... but for now

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment