Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to Work!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend.  I know I did but of course it goes by too quickly.

On Sunday we celebrated my SIL's 58th B'day with an outdoor get together and bar-b-que.  Perfect weather and great food (thanks to hubby the chef).





My granddaughter is growing in leaps and bounds and obviously I'm a proud grandma.

My son did good!

Now on another note:

Don't forget that this week and next week is "unlimited" trash pickup.  I personally love these times of year because we can get rid of a lot of stuff (which I will also be doing at my upcoming garage sale).  More about that later...

Also now for the "deals of the week".  With a lot of the Zeller's stores closing down there are good deals to be had.  We picked up a lounge chair that matches our patio set (pretty much) for 50% off the regular price.  Also for $19.99 a colourful outdoor area carpet to add more colour.  There's some good deals on toys for the little ones.  We will probably go back and pick up a "Mr. Turtle" pool for Natalie's when she's over for her visits.

We checked out the "Brick Tent Sale".  Not too impressed and I recommend you avoid. 

Now that the weather is nice and warm, hubby, the kid and I will be checking out a lot of the events around town and I will be reporting back so stay tuned...

On closing, I'd like to mention that this weekend also brought sadness.  I want us all to remember "Robin Gibb" a gifted falsetto singer that along with his brothers, formed the Bee Gees.  He was taken from us too soon but I know he's in a better place after years of suffering with both liver and colon cancer.  He was my favorite of the group and I will miss his enormous talent.

Bye Robin.  You're voice will always be in my heart.

Ciao everyone...





No comments:

Post a Comment