Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tiresome Thursday!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Why tiresome Tuesday?  Well after a few "good" days healthwise my Celiac illness took me by surprise this morning as I was getting ready for work.  Most days I just suck it up but this was not one of those days.  I had gotten up exra early to get a headstart on stuff needed to be done around the house and outside in preparation for the weekend.  Also, posting before work gives me a feeling of accomplishment but unfortunately that didn't happen. Oh I did get some stuff accomplished but not as much as I would have liked.  

You see to explain to people who don't suffer from the disease that you can feel on top of the world one minute and then WHAM you're down for the count.  Extruciating stomach cramps, headache, nausea and then the fatigue sets in.  For those of you, like me, that have to live with this on a daily basis, thankfully it's not always so intense.

Anyway, enough doom and gloom...

Now on another note:

I wanted to let everyone know that Betty Crocker has a cake mix out that's gluten-free.  Now I had to try it and let everyone know if it's like most of the others out there that have a "different" consistency and a funny aftertaste.  Well it's fabulous!  Very hard to tell the difference between regular cake mixes I must say.  I made chocolate cupcakes with french vanilla frosting and seriously had to control my desire not to eat the entire batch.  I brought a few in yesterday for my co-workers to try and they gave me the thumbs up.  Good job Betty!!!  I will be e-mailing them to let them know how thankful I am that they've gotten on board with gluten-free products that don't taste gluten-free.  Finally, more manufacturers are getting wise to the fact that Celiac disease is on the increase and people who suffer with this illness are consumers too.

Now I'm still searching the web for my deals of the week which I have got a bit behind on.  I aplogise for that.  Looking for deals on vintage clothing and of course my beloved fascinators.  Stay tuned as the bargains are out there.  I will be showcasing them soon.

A couple of pics to share:


The kid with her new "do"




Our patio that we put took together on the weekend


So lots more to come but time to rest for more research.

Ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment