Sunday, May 6, 2012

Super Sunday!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why Super Sunday you ask?  Well hubby arrives home tonite from his trip and I can't wait to see him.

Don't get me wrong,  I have had a great weekend.  Lots got accomplished and the kid and I went everywhere.  Unfortunately though,  there are not enough hours in the day to go everywhere and do everything that you want to do.

Now I have been researching and plan to hit the thrift shops in search of "vintage" fascinators.

For the time being here are some more samples of what's out there:




The last is my personal favorite.  A Victorian sample.  I also like the forties-inspired first one.

If you are looking for something vintage and not just fascinators but clothing, furniture, bric-a-brac, check out garage sales as they are everywhere now that the weather is getting warmer.  You'd be surprised at what you might find.  Also, antique jewellery can be found at a lot of these sales and they make a nice accessory as well as making a peronal statement in your wardrobe.
I still wear pearls I bought for a steal at a garage sale years ago.

Now on another note:

Remember when I went to see "Riverdance" at the Sony Centre?  I loved it so much that I entered an online concert to win tickets to see them perform in Dublin, Ireland.  Well, I wanted to mention a couple of the performers in particular.

Their names are Jason E. Bernard and Michael E. Wood.  They are the listed in the program as the "tappers" but they were so much more.

When they came on stage they breathed life into the audience who by all accounts were enjoying the show so far but the "tappers" took it to another level.

I can't say enough about these guys but at the end of "Riverdance" they got a standing ovation.  Well deserved.

So I'll keep researching my deals and my vintage haunts and keep everyone abreast of my endeavours.

Until later...

Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment