Sunday, April 22, 2012

Serene Sunday!

Sunday, April 22, 1012

Well last night as you all know, the kid and I went to see "Riverdance" at the Sony Centre.  It was a special evening because this is their last tour.  I can't say enough about the show.  It was flawless.  The dancers were fabulous and the air was filled with the sound of fiddles, pea whistles and celtic drums.  Everytime I hear the pea whistle it reminds me of the Titanic theme song.  There's a haunting quality about it.  Anyway, the show ended with a standing ovation.  Well deserved.

My only complaint about the evening was not enough celtic wares available to purchase.  That surpised me. I thought the lobby would have tons of stuff like when I went to see "Medieval Times".   They had a lot of paraphenalia to choose from.  I have a celtic cross which my sister bought me years ago and I treasure it.  Also, I have a few pieces of celtic jewellery but I would have liked a celtic keepsake from the show.  Something other than the usual program, t-shirt or keychain.   

Before the show we went for dinner at "The Keg" on the Esplanade.  They have the best Filet Minon I've ever tasted and the kid who had never tried it, so had her first taste and loved it.  Needless to say,  other steaks, to me, pale in comparison.  These particulur ones came wrapped in the usual strip of bacon but flavoured with a medley of roasted apple and herbs. Too delicious to describe and gluten-free!!!


Me at "The Keg" last night pre "Riverdance"


The kid at The Keg" last night pre "Riverdance"

By the time we got home we were beat.  The kid slept over so today we went for our usual Sunday mother & daughter day breakfast with a little shopping after.  The kid is booking her Bahamas vacation this afternoon with one of her good friends and I'm excited for her.  I will be babysitting the cat....  

Well hubby should be home soon from his overnight trip up north to visit his dad and other family members.  I must confess I do miss him and will be glad when he gets home safe and sound later today. 

I'm off tomorrow so will being doing some more research on deals around the city so stay tuned...

Hope everyone has a great "rest of your weekend". Until later...

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment