Friday, March 30, 2012

Late Again!

Friday, March 30, 2012

OMG it's been  long week.  I'm sorry I'm late again.  Been busy and doing a lot of research on what's out there that's worthy to post.

First off, I wish to announce that the smartest breed in the world is the "Border Collie".  Our baby Sam is a cross between a Border Collie and Labrador Retriever.  She's a great mix.  Lovable, fiercely loyal and likes to "herd" (that's the Border Collie in her).  When our cats were alive, that's exactly what she would do was round them up.  It was hilarious.


We got her when she was 10 weeks old.  It was love at first sight.  She'll be 14 this year.  A Virgo like myself.  I confess I'm an animal lover.  One of the reasons is that they love unconditionally.

Now I must admit that when I was very young I was mauled by a bulldog.  From that moment on I was deathly afraid of dogs.  Any dog would send me running.  Years later I read somewhere that to get over your fear of dogs was to get a puppy.  So that's what I did and I've never looked back. 

She's part of the family and I love her like a child.  We're the only parents she's ever known.

Everyone should have a pet.  If you don't then I feel sad for you.  You are missing out.

Now on another topic:

I've been following the buzz about Alicia Silverstone and her "bird feeding" her son.  I don't understand the people that are against it.  First off it's done for two reasons.  Bonding much like nursing your child and to prevent choking because you are chewing the food first before feeding your child.

When the kid was a little girl she used to open my mouth to get the gum  I had been chewing and then put it in her own mouth.  She turned out just fine.


I think it's "much ado about nothing."

Now a helpful hint I would like to share with you:

In the winter bring your Hibiscus plants inside and water twice a week.  It will survive indoors as long as it has light.  We fell in love with these beautiful flowers while on vacation in Cuba and then in the Dominican.  We have a Hibiscus tree which can grow to 5 feet (ours is about 4 ft.)and a smaller plant about 1.5 ft.).  Both are flouishing and I can't wait to take them back outside as they add so much beauty to our patio in the summer months.

Also, I have managed to keep my Red Poinsetta alive from early December by a regiman of a "little" water every second day and  at a little light.  This beautiful plant was a Christmas gift that I hope to keep going until next Christmas.

Now for "free stuff".  Check out "FreestuffToronto.com".  Depending on what you're looking for there's lots to choose from.

Check out your weekly flyers too.  I used to pitch them out without a second glance.  No more.  There are deals out there, you just have to know where to look.

Also, "word of mouth".  If you need something, mention it to people like co-workers, close friends, family members.  Unless you say it, no one will know.

Now I'd like to share a pic of me taken by my late father in '58 or '59 showing his second wife (beside me) a woman who I loved dearly as well as two of my younger sisters.  Everyone in the picture has passed on except myself, including the photographer (my father) so it's a treasured memory.  I hated the flash, it hurt my eyes. 



Hug the ones you love.  We never know how long they'll be in our lives. Until later...

Ciao!


  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment