Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Paddy's Day

Monday, March 19, 2012

What a weekend!  Warm weather, St. Paddy's Day on Saturday.  It doesn't get any better than that.

We went to our usual haunt - Cooper's, a neighbourhood Irish pub where all the waitresses know us and it's 5 minutes from home.

On Saturday we got there around 2:30 in the afternoon and already it was packed.  The dancers put on their first show at 12 p.m. but we didn't want to go that early.  Wearing our "green" and getting great seats to see the shows, it was a great way to celebrate and be "Irish" at least for the day.  Although I did continue to wear green on Sunday as well because well,  I just love green.

Being an Ulster Scot (a name for Scottish protestants who moved to Northern Ireland and married Irish) on my mother's side and Scottish and English on my father's, I felt right at home.

Anyone who's a fan of "Riverdance" like I am can appreciate the sound of the dancer's heels hitting the wood floors in the traditional step dancing.  It's in my blood and in my soul.  I could never get enough. My feet never stopped moving the whole time I was there.

Some pics from Saturday


Well it's over for another year.  Maybe next year I can swing a trip to Dublin with the kid although we are planning to return to Italy but you never know...


Anyway, my usual "deal of the week" will be on my next post along with some helpful hints and dressing on a budget so please stay tuned.

Enjoy the warm weather this week and be thankful for all you have.

Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment