Sunday, March 4, 2012

Super Sunday!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Why Super Sunday you ask?  Well we are going to visit Natalie today.  Haven't seen her since the boy's birthday party at our place.

Most recent pic:

Before the big swim!


Daddy and his Girl


I'm surfing!

Okay I'm a very proud grandmother.  I'm not ashamed to say.

So yesterday we went downtown to visit my sister-in-law and brother-in-law to show them the DVD we had made from old 8mm film.  After searching, Wal-mart was the cheapest quote we got. It was a trip down memory lane for hubby and his sis and included the 1976 trip my sister-in-law made to Italy with her dad.  Afterwards we went for a bite at the local hangout and  then on to Farmer's Market (one of my favorite spots) to browse and pick up up a few things.  I bought a gingerbrad loaf for $3.00.  I love the whole smell and atmosphere of the place.

The kid slept over last night since today we are headed to the boy's place for more visiting and to see my beloved Nat.

Now on another subject, I have to mention that Kelloggs has come out with gluten-free Rice Krispies.  Well I just had a bowl and believe me there is no difference in taste.  Fabulous.  Hats off to Kelloggs for stepping up to the plate. 

Helpful Tips:

On your next trip to the LCBO, pick up their (free) copy of Food & Drink.  It's chock full of receipes, etc.  This week the LCBO is celebrating wines so they are offering more books with great receipes for cooking with wine.  This week was "Italy".  Picked up some up for both us and the kid.

Buy air freshener from the dollar store.  It's cheap and does the same job as the more expensive ones.  I like the "Alibi" air freshener which neutralizes tobacco odors (great for us smokers).

When using paper and notepads, don't forget to use both sides.  They'll last longer which saves you money.

Well I'll be checking out more deals and websites so stay tuned.....more to come.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and,

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment