Friday, March 2, 2012

Finally Friday!!!

Friday, March 2, 2011

Well we're finally here.  Finally Friday!!!

For years I was a single mom raising 2 kids and had to make a dollar stretch.  I found with a little bit of research and ingenuity I could save a bundle on things I previously took for granted.

This week there are a lot of deals out there.  If you need furniture or appliances, both Bad Boy and The Brick are having a 50% sale.  Of course there are daily deals on "Dealfind" and "Groupon".

Now along with letting you know deals of the week I'm also going to incorporate ways to save $$.

Helpful hints that I've learned over the years. 

The first one is when you are looking for flower arrangements, either as a gift or just to spruce up your spirits, most of the time you can avoid expensive "florists" .  "No Frills" offers beautiful arrangements starting at $3.99.  I have found these bunches last longer than  more expensive floral arrangements that hubby has bought me over the years from florists.  By cutting the stem on a slant and adding a bit of sugar to the water, I have had arrangements last up to 3 weeks.  Take off any leaves on the stems that will be immursed in water.  They will wilt and smell.  Change the water every 2 days and put near some sun if possible.

Now when it comes to buying gluten-free products try "Loblaw"s and "No Frills" rather than the more expensive health food stores.  Although the selection isn't the greatest you will save a lot.

Don't forget to claim yur gluten-free items on you tax return.  It;s not widely known but you can claim what you spend on food for yourself.  Keep all your receipts for audit purposes.

Now I have a problem with Wal-Mart.  I shop there a lot because you can't beat their prices on most products.  the problem is they offer no gluten-free products.  I will be writing them to see if we can change that.  I'm surprised a huge chain like Wal-Mart hasn't jumped on board.

Oh and if you have a cell phone, get rid of your lan line.  Why pay for 2 phones?  Makes no sense.

Stay tuned,

More to come...




Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment