Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wishing for Carnivale!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yesterday was Carnivale in Venice among other places around the world.  Ahh Venice!  A beautiful city which I had the joy to visit in August 2011 and celebrate my birthday.

I've always been intrigued with Venetian masks which you would already know if you're a follower of my blog.

It's not just the decorative masks I love but the costumes as well.  One day I hope to visit Venice during Carnivale.  Costume balls and other festivities will be going on all week there.  It actually started over 1000 years ago and the reason for the masks was so commoners could wear them and walk among the aristocrats without being recognized.

Here's a pic taken yesterday in Venice:

Beautiful All in White



I will be posting more pics from yesterday on my next post.

So Venice I hope to be back....

Now for a change in subject.

I will be adding "Deals of the Week" to my posts and the first one is:

All this week McDonald's is taking $1.00 off any coffee you purchase. 

Enjoy!!!

Bridge of Sighs - Venice, Italy

Ciao everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment