Friday, February 17, 2012

Connie Conked Out!

Friday, February 17, 2012

I apologize for being behind on my blog but Connie conked out.  Oh and in case you didn't know, Connie is my laptop.  No laptop, no blog.  Boy have I missed it.

Anyway, we have lots to catch up on.  The kid becoming a redhead, the boy's birthday party at our place and Valentine' Day.

Well the kid wanted a change so she dyed her hair a dark red.  She has done this before and never keeps it.  She ends up missing the blonde.  I personally think she's beautiful with any colour of hair but she is a natural blonde.  I told her next time you get bored just buy a new top or a piece of jewellery.  It's less expensive.

Anyway, here she is (at least for now):


The kid as a redhead



The kid as a blonde

So the boy's birthday party was a huge success.  Mind you, I was so tired that day because I was up early cleaning and getting everything ready.  The boy, his love and Natalie arrived early so we had lots of one-on-one time with her.



Sleeping with Daddy


"Oh is it time to have my picture taken?"

We had a blast that day and it was good to be surrounded by the people you care about so much.

Now on to Valentine's Day.  Hubby surprised me with a beautiful watch that I have had my eye on for months.  He actually remembered and couldn't wait to see the look on my face when he gave it to me.  I love being genuinely surprised.  Along with the watch, he bought me red roses and chocolates.  I did good with him.  He's the most thoughtful and kind man I have ever met.

Eighteen years ago we met.  I do believe everything happens for a reason and I don't mean in a religious sense just "kismat".

Before I met hubby I had been through some rough years.  Thank goodness I had my children and good friends who gave me the love and support I needed to make a fresh start.  I had to learn to trust again after years of abuse, both physical and emotional but that's all behind me now and my life is good.  It came later in life but better late than never.  That feeling of peace and tranquility I lacked for so long.  Able to be myself again without fear of retribution.

Remember to hug those you love around you and keep them close.  I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!

Until later,

Ciao 


No comments:

Post a Comment