Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tired Tuesday!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I don't know if it's the fact I was up early or the wine I had with dinner but I'm shattered.

Awake enough to post but barely.  Hopefully, a second wind will kick in...

Now some friends and I were discussing something that I thought was quite interesting.  Mind you all the people in the discussion were smokers.  So I guess we're biased. Move over Jessi Ventura!

There are a lot of conspiracy theories floating around out there so I thought Id throw one out there too.  One of my friends mentioned a neighbour who was 100+ in years and a diehard smoker.  Someone asked her why she still smoked and she said that if she stopped she'd die.  Mmmm....so I got to thinking about that one.  Oh I know you'll probably think I'm nuts but a lot of smokers do die not too long after they stop.  Maybe the reason the government is so adamant about people quitting is so they will.  Think about it. 

 Less people means less pensions to pay out.  Less welfare, less employment insurance, less welfare, less health insurance and the list goes on.  Also,  lot of doctors, nurses and health care professionals are smokers.  Mmm I don't see them running out to buy patches, gum, and all the other expensive gimics designed to get you to stop.  Oh and not let's not forget hypnotism.  That one's hilarious.  Please....

Call me wackadoodle but you never know...........something to ponder.

I know my grandfather who was a heavy smoker from the time he was nine years old died when he was 96 ears old in his sleep from "old age".  His heart just gave out.  He didn't suffer from any of the so-called smoking related diseases.  He lived a long and heathly life.  I don't even remember him having a cold.

Now I'm not advocating anyone to start because it is a very real addiction.  Yet, I'll keep standing out in the rain and freezing blizzards to enjoy my puff so the non-smokers can stay safe and warm in their offices free of the foul cigarette smoke.  God forbid they breathe it in.  We won't die of cancer because pneumonia will kill us first. 

At least in the warm sunny weather we get a break.

Something to think about...

On a lighter note, some pics:


Me & the kid in Italy 2011


My beautiful kid


The kid with her "Sushi"

Beautiful "Carnevale" - Venice


More Carnevale - Venice


The kid on our Western Caribbean cruise


Venice (ahhh...)

Arrivederci





No comments:

Post a Comment