Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday!

Friday, April 6, 2012

First off, I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter long weekend.  Mine will be extra long as I booked off Monday as well...yay!!!!

Anyway, my last post was a reflective one.  As my blog is a combo of personal journal, chit chat, rants, and news about deals, gluten-free products, household and fashion tips, it will be a mishmash depending on the day and my mood.

Now for a great gluten-free cookie I have found - Lucy's oatmeal cookies available at Whole Foods.  I confess that so far I've only tried the oatmeal and they're fabulous.  Very addictive.  There are a few different kinds that I will be trying and reporting on.  Now they are expensive. A small box will cost you $6.00 and change but hopefully the price will go down as they gain popularity.  Don't forget to keep those receipts when you purchase gluten-free products because you can claim them on your tax return.

So I've been talking about ways to save money and I have an example.  The kid went to the "one-of-a-kind" show a couple of weekends ago and even though the stuff was unique and beautiful, it was expensive.  Needless to say she didn't buy much but while we were out shopping at the Bay she managed to get a beautiful "chunky" necklace (all the rage now) which would have been $200 - 300 at the "one-of-a-kind" show but cost her $50.00 at the Bay.



Heres's another pic of the kid in a poncho she purchased.  Updated from the old style of the '70's.


Okay this was a little pricey but handmade in a beautiful lilac colour.


Now for some pics from last weekend:


Waiting to eat at East Side Mario's




That's it for now but stay tuned, more to come....

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment