Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Terrific Tuesday!!!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why terrific?

Well we have Monday out of the way.  I now understand Bob Gelorf's song "I don't Like Mondays".

Anyway, there's some news on the homefront.  The kid is moving back home...YAH!!!

She secured a renter yesterday for her condo and will be back home here in a couple of weeks.

Now along with her will be coming her roommate Sushi the cat. I just hope that Sam my beloved dog is ready.  Actually, I think it's more that Sushi has to make the adjustment because Sam grew up with cats.  Sushi has never been around a dog.  Mmmm... should be interesting.


Well she looks innocent enough.  Right?  (I mean the cat)

Anyway on to other topics.

I want to mention all the great events that are coming up in the month of August.

First off, the "Scotiabank Caribbean Festival" is this weekend and should be a fun time.

Also, the "Pilaros Taste of the Danforth" from Aug. 10-12.  We rarely miss that one.  Great food, music and lots of vendors set up tables along the Danforth flogging their wares. Also, my mom lives within walking distance from the festival.

The "Scotiabank Buskerfest" is another favorite of ours and it's held in the Kensington Market area in downtown Toronto.  One of my favorite places.  There are costumed guys on stilts and last year they had huge dinosaurs walking the streets among the crowd.  Very cool...

Now of course all this week is the 2012 London games on television and I'm trying to watch as humanly possible.  Go Canada!!!

Check out CP24 event listings for upcoming events and festivals around T.O.

Unfortunately, summer is short so we try to cover every event possible while squeezing in BBQ's for family and friends and I hope you do too.

Also, sales are still going on everywhere.  Unbelieveable deals out there so the retailers can put out their fall and winter collections.  One shoe store I went into on the weekend had sandals on sale on one side of a rack and their new winter boots on the other.  Kind of weird...

Now for a couple of pics I thought you might like:



Obviously, I love my wine...hehe

With that I will get "my skates on" as they say in England and get ready for work.

Ciao for now...




No comments:

Post a Comment