Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Passionate Eye

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This post is one of of a more serious note.  I'm in a philosophical mood this morning so bear with me.  It is a thank you of sorts for which I will explain later in the post.

I titled it "The Passionate Eye" because I love that phrase.  It describes what we humans look through hopefully on a daily basis.  We are only visiting this planet we have named earth,  that I'm sure of.

Now I'm not speaking about religion as such.  Anyone who knows me, knows I abhore "mainstream religion" for many reasons.  I do have a spirtual side but for the most part I'm very pragmatic.

I struggle on a daily basis both emtionally and physically.  The Celiac disease I have is a most unwanted permanent visitor for which there is no cure.  My life expectancy has been shortened (apparently) so I find myself appreciating each day as it comes.  It's an emotional struggle because I hate dealing with the physical limitations.  The only thing I can do is deal with it.  This is my life and it's the cards I've been dealt.  As I'm writing this I'm in pain but nothing I can't deal with.  You see it's not just the abdominal pain but the migraines and fatigue I also have to bear. Still with that said I'm very fortunate and thankful.

I have a lot to be thankful for with a loving family and great friends that mean the world to me.  Now here comes the thank-you part.

Thank you Uncle Bert for giving me a "normal" childhood.  One I wouldn't have had if it weren't for you.  You gave me love, stability, discipline and taught me everything from tieing my shoes to riding a bicycle.  You dragged me to church every Sunday (to give me a foundation) and gave me opportunities I wouldn't have had otherwise. 

You see I was slated to go to Children's Aid and be raised by foster parents when my parents divorced.  I was four at the time and unaware that this may have been my fate.  My aunt and uncle agreed to keep me for a few years while my mother struggled to get on her feet.  I ended up staying until I was fourteen.  I fought them every step of the way beacuse I wanted my "real" parents like everyone else but they didn't give up on me.

Thank you hubby.  You're my lover, mentor, father, brother and best friend all wrapped into one.  You ground me when I need to be grounded.

Thank you to my children for they've given my unconditional love since they came into this world and a sense of purpose.

Thank you everyone that has made my life better and I love all of you for that.



Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment