Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Welcome Wednesday!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ahh the middle of the week.  I couldn't be happier.  Yes, I had Monday off but the weekend was a busy one and went by very quickly.

The kid is home from Nassau safe and sound.  All is right in the world.  She looks fabulous with a nice glow from all the sun and I think the break did her good.

Well I'm off to Ireland next year (an unexpected invite from a good friend)and Italy as well.  That's the plan anyway.  I've already started saving because two trips will be expensive.  Well worth it though because as you all know, I love to travel.

When I was a child, I used to drive my aunt crazy because of all the travel brochures I would send away for.  So you see this love I have started early in life.  Thank goodness hubby shares my passion.



The Spanish Steps


Pisa


View from the Vatican


On a bridge in Rome



Venice

Thought you might like to see some snaps from our trip in 2011. Hope you enjoyed. Can't wait to see Rome again.
Now for the trip to Ireland. Birthplace of the mother's mother and her mother before her. Very excited because I grew up listening to stories from "back home", seeing pictures, etc. It will be different to actually be there. The Irish influence was strong. My grandmother cooked tradional Irish meals (none of which I really cared for) but had to eat or I'd starve. Most of my aunt and uncle's friends were Irish (my uncle was born in Larne so I hope to go there) and of course there were relatives who came over for visits and brought me fine Irish linen and other Irish trinkets. We listened to the music, ate the food and I can still muster up the accent whenever I'm around someone with an Irish accent or I'm upset. Just ask hubby!

There you have it.  A trip down memory lane.

Hope the rest of the week is good for everyone and I'll be back with my "Deal of the Week".

Ciao and Erin Go Bragh!


No comments:

Post a Comment