Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Back to Normal Tuesday!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I call this post "Back to Normal Tuesday" because I feel I can get back to my normal routine now that we are back from our trip and the long Canada Day weekend is over.

We got back from Las Vegas Thursday evening but I didn't feel "jet-lag" until the next day and then again the day after that.  I was exhausted needless to say.  Just wanted to sleep and walked around like a zombie.  I should also clarify that travelling with hubby you need to stock up on vitamins and Red Bull.


The Mirage Hotel (where we stayed)

We had a fabulous time and managed to back home before the horrible heat that they are getting now.  When we were there it was a little over 100 degrees f. every day which was plenty hot for me.  I never drank so much water in my entire life and I don't even like water.

We went to the Beatles "Love" show performed by "Cirque Du Soleil" at our hotel which was amazing.  Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge fan ever since I saw my first show in Toronto years ago.

Unfortunately, last Saturday night one of the female performers died during the finale of the show "Ka" playing at the MGM Grand.  She lost her footing and fell 15 metres.  It was the first death in the thirty years Cirque has existed.  They only choose the best of the best for their troupes and Sarah was a seasoned veteran, 31 years of age and trained in Paris from an early age,  who left behind two young children.  Very sad.  My heart goes out to her family.

We toured many of the hotels there and it has changed a lot since my last trip there in 1996.  My favorite being "Caesar's Palace" because having been to Italy the hotel's architecture and décor make you feel like you are actually there.  There was a piazza with cobbled streets and surrounded by blue sky and clouds that made you feel like you were standing outside in Rome.  Remarkably beautiful.


At Caesar's (in front of one of the many statues)
 
 
 
 
 
We also took in the "Shark Reef" show at the Mandalay Bay hotel.  Reminded me of the aquarium at Treasure Island in Nassau which we went to years ago.  Excellent!



 
 
The first morning in Las Vegas we went to "Denny's" for breakfast until we realized that it was cheaper and better to eat in the hotel at the buffet.
 
 
Hubby at Denny's
 
 
Me at Denny's
 
Needless to say, it was a great trip and a good "prep" trip before leaving for Europe in August.
 
Hope everyone has a fabulous week and until later...
 
Ciao
 

No comments:

Post a Comment