Monday, February 4, 2013

Gluten-free Monday!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Okay, first off, I have to tell you that Loblaw's President's Choice (Gluten-free)Mini Brownies are to die for.  I bet you will not be able to tell the difference between regular brownies and these gluten-free ones.  Amazing. 

Also, hubby and I went to "Whole Foods" on the weekend where we buy my gluten-free bagels when we noticed a kiosk set up with samples of glten-free bread and coconut spread.  I couldn't resist trying the bread because I've been searching for years for a gluten-free bread that actually tastes like "real" bread and doesn't leave a powdery aftertaste in your mouth.  Success!  I couldn't believe it.  Its called "Rudi's" sandwich bread and yes it has to be kept in the freezer like other gluten-free breads but the taste is amazing.  We bought a loaf using a dollar off coupon - net cost - $6.99 (not cheap) but worth every morsel if you love bread the way I do. 

When I got home I mad a toasted ham and cheese sandwich and I was in heaven.  You would have thought I was dining on a T-bone steak but it's been years since I have had a sandwich that tasted like a sandwich.

Hopefully the price of gluten-free products will go down in time because if you have more than one family member who has to stick to a gluten-free diet it can be ridiculously expensive.

Now for some sad news.



A lady who I worked with for years, passed away on Saturday from a massive heart attack and brain haemorrhage.  I'm in shock because for all accounts this was a healthy vibrant lady.  It does bring home the fact that we have to cherish what time we have on this planet of ours and never take anything for granted.  Our time here is very short.  If you love someone, tell them.  If you're angry with someone, talk it over and then let it go.  Remember that what you say to someone may be the last thing you say to them.

Until later...

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment