Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Another Wacky Wednesday!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Why wacky Wednesday?

Well let's start with an issue that's bothered me for a long time.  People and their "allergies".

Now I know a lot of people suffer from "legitimate"allergies of one sort or another.  I have no problem with that.  I myself, as a child, suffered from seasonal allergies (grass, ragweed, pollen, etc.) which thankfully I've outgrown.  I took my medication and carried on.

What I want to address is the ever-growing popularity of these "so-called"allergies.

Years ago I participated in a study on allergy medication.  Before I started I had to be tested for any allergies I may have.  I was told that I'm allergic to peanuts (I eat peanut butter from the jar), cats (I've had them for years and have had no reaction), dogs (well I have a dog), shellfish (I've eaten with no reaction) and the list goes on. 

 Also, I asked about cigarette smoking as I've listened to many people whining that they were "allergic" to cigarette smoke.  Well according to the allergist and he chuckled at my question, there is no such thing.  He said people may not like the smell but you can "not" be allergic to it.  There you have it.  More ridiculous claims from people (obviously non-smokers) who are not allergic at all to cigarette smoke but just don't like it.  Another ludicrous claim.

I also worked in an environment where I had to watch a whole floor held hostage because of one person's so-called food allergy.  Ridiculous and my opinion was shared by the majority of co-workers but not apparently by the powers that be.

I had to witness so many silly things go on in the office where I worked that I'm surprised I didn't bite my tongue completely off.  Again, common sense seems to be foreign in a lot of people's minds.

Also, I don't remember any kids in school dropping dead from a peanut butter and jelly sandwich so what has changed?  No one fainted at the smell of a strong perfume or cologne.  Was our resistance stronger or is it that we have created a generation of whiners?  I lean towards the latter.

If you have a legitimate allergy take your medication and don't make everyone around you suffer in the process.

Just sayin'...

Until later

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment