Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gluten-free Tuesday!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Yes I know I get off topic occasionally.  Ranting about issues that bother me greatly.  I have stated though that besides my blog being about Celiac disease and related topics, I also use this as a journal of sorts.  I do apologize if I get carried away...

Now on a lighter note.  I've been noticing more gluten-free products hitting the shelves.  Finally.

Loblaws now offers fluten-free baked goods (that aren't in the freezer section).  Grant it there are limited choices but at least it's a start.

I personally love the coconut cookies and the double chocalate muffins are tasty although very filling.  They also offer a banana loaf which I will try next even though I usually make my own.  there are also chocolate chip cookies but ever since I tried the Pillsbury dough ones nothing compares.  I've been spoiled (of course that was in my pre-gluten-free days before getting diagnosed).  this week these items are $1.00 off.  Still expensive but hopefully the prices will go down in the future.

There are also gluten-free restaurants popping up.  In particular, "Victoria's" which my sister-in-law told me about and will definitely try and then post the details of my visit on my blog.  Address and directions can be found online.

On another subject I must tell you how much I enjoyed "Les Miserables".  If you haven't seen it then you're missing out.  I believe it's the best movie I've ever seen.  Long but worth every second.  Not only were the actors superb but the music was fabulous as well.  Who knew Anne Hathaway had such a powerful voice?  The special effects were breath-taking and be prepared to cry (a lot).
Watch for Sacha Baron Cohen as the sleazy innkeeper married to Helena Bonham Carter. 

Another great movie is "Flight" where Denzel, as usual gave an outstanding performance.  Very real and gritty.  The movie centers on addicion and redemption.  Powerful stuff.  A must watch.

One of the funniest movies I've seen lately is "This is Forty".  Star-studded cast and again "very real" about the relationship between husband and wife.  Hilarious!  Make sure you watch the outakes at the end of the movie.  Also, John Lithgow (one of my favorite actors) is in the movie, a definite bonus.

Happy movie watching and have a fabulous although freezing day!

Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment