Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Positive Change

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Well it's certainly October weather out there.  Gloomy Halloween type weather.  Hopefully the sun will peak out later.

Anyway, I've titled this post "Positive Change" for a reason.  There have been some changes in my life recently but I feel they are "positive".  Change is good and happens for a reason which we can't always see at first but understand down the road.

I've had lots of change during the course of my life as many others have.  It's how you deal with those changes that can make the difference.

I will elaborate when I post later in the week.

So I'm looking forward to our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday which we're hosting at our place.  Family, friends and wine always a good combination.   A chance to spend some time with my adorable granddaughter Natalie Anne who will be 1 year old on November 23rd.



 
She's grown a lot since these pics were taken and getting cuter by the day.  I will be posting more recent pics from our dinner this coming Sunday. She's walking now and I can't wait to see that in person.
 
So I'm practising what I learned on my photography course last Saturday.  I learned a few tricks and will download some of the shots I've been taking. I definitely recommend the "one-on-one" course they offer at "Black's".  My teacher was "Alan" who is a professional photographer as well and knew my camera blindfolded.  It's a lot to absord in a such a small period of time but I'm taking baby steps with my photography so I'm not overwelmed.
 
Now a message for my fellow Celiacs.  I'm back taking the "Culurelle" probiotic and am determined to finish the package and see if it makes a difference with my symptoms.  Time will tell.  There's also another brand of probiotic on the market called "Align".  I will try that one next.  I'm hoping one of them will help.  I know there's no cure for this disease but if I could alieve some of the symptoms I'd be a happy camper.
 
Also, I will be starting a website shortly that will be geared to my fellow Celiac and IBS sufferers where I will be keeping you up-to-date with the latest medical news, products, other websites and gluten-free food availability.  Stay tuned...
 
 
 
A Day at Woodbine
 
 
In the Park
 
 
Sushi
 
More pics to come...
 
Deals of the Week
 
 
Since it's October there are ghost walks available at a reasonable price for those of you that are not faint of heart.
 
If you contact "Heritage Mississauga" at 905-828-8411 - ext. 0 you can order tickets for the Port Credit ghostwalk - $5.00 per adult and $2.00 per child.  this year it's held on October 22nd.
 
Also, there's one on Friday, Oct. 19th meeting place -  the Dixie Union Cemetary est. in 1810.  Again, for more details you can contact Heritage Mississauga by phone or go online.  Not sure which one to choose.  Maybe I'll do both.
 
I myself, have already started decorating for both Thanksgiving and Halloween.  I love this time of year.  There are great ideas online on how to decorate "on the cheap".  My favorite way of decorating.  dollarama has tons of cheap decor.  Remember the ghords, colorful fall leaves and pine combs make a great centerpiece for your table.  Just place in a clear crystal bowl and you're done.  Also, add some pumpkin scented candles to give the huoe a "fall" smell.
 
Have fun decorating and I'll be back later.  I have some pics to download..
 
Ciao
 

No comments:

Post a Comment