Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesday!!!

Tuesday, September 3, 2012

I'll start with last week and what a week it was.  Tuesday night hubby and the kid surprised me with my new camera (Ania would love it).  I've wanted a good quality camera so I started "campaigning" months ago).  It has all the bells and whistles that I wanted but I will have to take a workshop to learn all of the things it can do.  I'm not much of a handbook person.  I lose interest reading instructions quickly.  I need to be "hands-on". 

Henry's (where hubby purchased my camera) is offering a 3 hour workshop but I think I'll start with Black's and get the 1 hour one-on-one info session then work up to Henry's and then take either night or Saturday classes.  You see I want to pursue this as more than just a hobby.  I'm looking to the future when I'll be home full-time.  I will also be starting a "Celiac" website with recipes, gluten-free products and lots of info sessions.  Plus, if time allows, work outside the home part-time.  We'll see.  I may like to take a real estate course.  Hubby and I have talked about doing that for a long time now.

My interests are all over the place and I think it's my curiosity that fuels me.

Last Wednesday was my 61st birthday and bittersweet.  Hubby and the kid surprised me by arranging a "surprise" party for me.  My boy's better-half, my beautiful granddaugher and of course the boy showed up for dinner and cake.  Hubby forgot to pam the pans so the icing acted as a glue to hold it together.  I didn't care.  The fact he made it was very special.  It was a great evening but earlier in the day we got quite a scare...

Hubby came home to our beloved Sam not being able to stand up.  She kept falling over.  He 13h birthday is this week and I was worried especially with her age.  We rushed her to the vet where they did some blood tests and said she may have had a minor stroke or an inner ear infection.  The blood tests did come back clean so I'm thinking it was the inner ear.  We watched her carefully over the next few days and she improved tremendously.  Thank goodness but during the birthday dinner I kept looking at her lying under the coffee table and wanting to wrap her in blanket and tell her everything was going to be okay.

 I've lost pets in the past and it was hard but we have had Sam since she was 10 weeks old and she's "our baby".  Love you Sam!

Some pics to share (taken with my new camera of course):


Me at my beloved "laptop"
 

 
My baby "Sam"
 
 
Hubby making my B'day dinner
 
 
Beautiful "Nat"
 
 
Smiling pretty for her mom
 
Take care everyone and will be posting lots as I'm off for the week...yah!!!!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment