Saturday, September 8, 2012

Soaker Saturday

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Well it's like a tsunami out there.  As I'm sitting here at my laptop, Sushi is sitting at the patio doors watching the torrential downpour going on outside.  She loves water which is unusual for a cat.


Miss Sushi
 
So yesterday started out okay but as the day progressed my "Celiac" symptons worsened.  Nothing seemed to help the migraine I was experiencing along with cramping and incredible fatigue.  Not a good day all around but feeling a bit better today. 
 
I've taken on a home improvement project that I'm excited about.  Recovering my diningroom chairs.  Something I've wanted to do for a while and have never tackled.  Unfortunately, over the years a couple of the chair seats have been stained and nothing I've used has worked to get them clean so "recovering" it is.
 
I have my staple gun and staples.  I've measured and will remember to add an extra 2 ins. for the overlap.  I just need to go to "Fabricland" and look at material.  Not sure what I want only that I  want colour.  My dining set is "expresso" and the seat coverings are beige with a raised lined pattern.  Quite dull actually so they could definitely use a splash of colour.  I'll look at patterns and solids to see what appeals to hubby and myself.  Yes, I'm dragging him with me so he's part of the decision making.  That way he can't complain about what we choose.
 
I'll also look on line to get some idea of what we both like.
 
Don't know if we're going today with the weather and all but we'll see.  If not today, hopefully tomorrow.  I can't wait to see how they turn out and how it will change the look of my diningroom.
 
Once done, I'll post pics of the finished product.
 
Friends of ours are coming by later to look at some stuff in our garage that they need for their new store.  It will be a second-hand store with a twist as they plan to have rooms staged like a showroom at one of the large retail stores.  It's set to open January 2013 and I wish them all the success in the world.  
 
Still have more painting to do at home and want to get it completed it before the cold weather sets in.  The basement is definitely coming along.  I'll try to tackle the cold room tomorrow.  More stuff to "toss".  Instead of pots & pans and some canned goods, I'd like it to be more of a "pantry" with all canned goods and other non-perishables.  On my list of projects.  As a good friend of mine always says, "I'm trying to keep myself accountable".
 
So it's back to work on Monday.  I'll miss being home but glad to get back to my friends at work.
 
Just a few more years...ahhh
 
I'll keep you posted on my progress with my home projects and post my "Deal of the Week"!
 
Ciao everyone...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment