Saturday, September 15, 2012

Satisfied Saturday!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

I know, I know.  I've procrastinated this week and am behind in my posts but I wasn't feeling my best. 

I purchased "Culturelle" last weekend at of all places, Loblaws pharmacy.  I have been looking for this product for months and not even Shopper's Drug Mart carried it.  I thought they carried everything?  Guess not. Anyway, it's a probiotic I've seen advertised on television and I've been dying to try it in hopes it will help with my Celiac symptoms.  No change so far so I'm not going to take any for a few days and see what happens. Culturelle is gluten-free but whether or not it agrees with my system remains to be seen.  I'll keep you updated.

"Deal of the Week"

Now if you're reading this post you're not at Wal-mart where you should be, taking advantage of the great deals.  Their anniversary sale started yesterday and is on until tomorrow and what a sale it is.

A friend of mine was at the door of Wal-mart before 7 am yesterday because she knows from experience how quickly stuff goes.  They had 32" flat screens televisions for $198.00 that were gone by 7:15 am.  Wow!  I called hubby right away and he went yesterday afternoon with the kid and bought a 19" flat screen RCA for $108.00 for the kitchen.  Good deal.  He also bought lots of Tide and Bounce sheets along with other household products on for great deals.

Alo, the kid bought herself a pair of caramel brown flat-heeled boots for $29.99.  Very cute.  I plan to get myself a pair as well.  Of course they're "pleather" but I've found in the past that they are easier to clean and take care of then real leather.

------

Now on another subject, near and dear to my heart.

The great white sharks of our oceans are in jeopardy.  There is a new program on TV called "Shark Wranglers" which follows the expedition ship called the "OSearch".  The expeditions are led by Chris Fischer and 49 researchers.  Their research has resulted in the publication of 5 scientific papers on the biology and life history on the great whites. 

 
The Crew


Now I have always had a healthy fear of sharks but I respect the fact that we're invading their territory when we are in the ocean.  I've learned a lot by watching this show and how these researchers catch and tag these fish in order to track them and their habits.

 
Great White


One of the programs shows footage of a fisherman aboard a Chinese ship pulling a shark on board and hacking off it's fins while it was still alive and struggling then kicking the shark off the deck into the ocean to die.  I cried when I saw it.  All for their stupid love of "shark fin" soup. These people are less than human.  They are barbaric sadistic monsters and make me sick to my stomach.  You know what?  Learn to eat "chicken noodle" or "tomato".  Much less barbaric...you sick bastards!!!



Well now that I got that off my chest, you should check out the show.  Quite an eye-opener.  check your local listings for channel and time.


Ciao for now...


 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment