Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Brand New Year!!!!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Well it's the beginning of a brand new year and I'm excited for what lies ahead.  I always look at a new year as a new beginning.  Where the possibilities are endless.  Also, it's a time of reflection on the year that has passed. I realize how fortunate I am to have a wonderful loving husband, two children who have grown to be adults that I am proud of and of course my beautiful new granddaughter who has stolen my heart.

I have good friends whom I care about deeply and old friends that hold a special place in my heart.

Yes I have a lot to be grateful for.

Yet there is sadness too for a good friend that just lost her father to cancer.  I feel her grief because I too have lost loved ones to cancer and other illnesses.  There are no words that can describe the feeling of loss.  I lost a sister on March 1, 2011 after a lengthy illness.  The only saving grace is the suffering for her is over.  This doesn't diminish the loss we feel but as long as they are in our hearts they will live on.

Never forget them and they will always be with us...

I have pictures to post but at a later date, instead I want to reflect on those near and dear to me that can no longer have a Happy New Year.

Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment