Saturday, September 17, 2011

More Tidbits from Italy

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More tidbits from Italy.............

The shopping is fabulous.  Don't worry if you forget to pack a big hat for protection from the sun.  They are abundant everywhere in Italy and very cheap.  All the kiosks carry them both in the cities and the small towns.  The hubby and I wore fedoras (previously bought) and the kid wore a beautiful floppy bought in Toronto.

Different towns you visit have their speciality.  In Positano it's lemons.  I mean "lemons"  the size of grapefruits.  we brought back lemon-scented soaps, candles and potpourri. There was pottery decorated with lemons, lemon desserts and the best lemonade I've ever tasted.

In Venice (ah... Venice) it's "masks".  Masks like you've never seen.  I collect them so of course I wanted to buy all of them but that wouldn't be practical so I settled for a beautiful fridge magnet made of silver and Mirano glass and a keychain.  Besides I don't have the space for any more Venetian masks on my walls.

I will continue my tour tomorrow..................

No comments:

Post a Comment