Monday, December 3, 2012

Thoughtful Monday!

Monday, December 3, 2012

I'm calling this post "Thoughtful Monday" because I got to thinking about the issue of domestic violence after watching a news broadcast regarding the Kansas Chief's player Belcher who murdered his beautiful girlfriend and the mother of their 3 month-old baby girl, Zoe.

Fellow players are mourning Belcher's death instead of the people that should be mourned, the victims in this case namely his girlfriend and her baby girl left without a mother.  I'm appalled at the ourpouring of emotion for this guy who is a cold-blooded killer that gunned down his girlfriend then shot himself.  Good riddance.  One less beater in the bunch.

In a perfect world there would be no domestic violence but unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world.  The majority of perpetrators are "so-called" men.  I use the word "men" loosely because to me they are not real men.

Real men love and care for the women in their lives.  They protect and cherish their mothers, lovers, daughters and female friends.  They nurture and advise and when they are frustrated or angry walk out of the room.  A real man can control his anger and not lash out.

I was a victim in the past of domestic violence.  I was lucky because I survived.  Thousands of women have not.

We have to make these men accountable for their actions.  How?  Just one reported incident and lock them away for good so they can't hurt anyone else.  I don't believe in rehabilitation because it's in their character.  You can improve on one's character but you can not change it.

I'm sad for all the women all over the world who endure abuse of any kind.  Some manage to get away but the memory of such violence stays with you.

Love and treasure the women and girls in your lives and they will flourish.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment