Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorable Monday

Monday, May 27, 2013

First off, I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Although a little cool, it was sunny and beautiful (my kind of weather).

I call this post "Memorable Monday" because looking back at a lot of the memories I have I feel so fortunate.

I never take my life for granted and have had a few "close calls" in my past.

When I was eleven I was diagnosed with "encephalitis" (swelling of the brain) after returning from guide camp one summer.  I was hospitalized at Sick Kid's, isolated because I also had the mumps and studied daily by a barrage of doctors.  I actually loved my time there because there was a craft lady who came in to visit me and I had my "Nancy Drew" books to read so I was quite content.  I drank lemonade and had consommé and was intrigued with a boy across the hall from me who had blood poisoning.  Well it was a long time before I was 100% but needless to say, I recovered.  A lot of people in the fifties and early sixties that were stricken with the virus were not so lucky.

So now I have "celiac" disease.  Not fun as it is a very painful illness but one I am stuck with for the rest of my life so I have to suck it up.  It could be a lot worse and I'm grateful it's not.

We can not dwell on the negative as life will pass us by before we realize it.

I have a family I adore and no regrets for anything that happened in the past because it's defined who I am today.

I'm sad for people who are habitually unhappy and always see the glass half empty.  It's half full!

Treasure your family because they are only here for a short time.  Hug your friends and be there for them when they need you.  If someone reaches out don't turn away.  You may need their help one day.

Well enough preaching.  I hope everyone has a great week and until later...

Ciao




No comments:

Post a Comment