Thursday, March 7, 2013

Crafting Thursday!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

First I'll start by saying that Sunday was a great day.  I got to visit with the boy, his better-half and my beautiful granddaughter.

 
The Boy and Natalie Anne


Pigtail Beauty

 
Natalie with Hubby(Papa)
 

As you can see, we are very proud grandparents.

 
Most of Sunday, I played chase with her and she certainly wore me out but that was okay.  I want to spend as much time with her as I can because they grow so quick.

Now on to another matter

Today's post is called "Crafting Thursday" because I've recently become inerested in crafting again.  Also, I can devote more time to it.

For many years I was an avid crafter and completed many projects in macrame (remember that?), knitting, purling, needlepoint, rug-hooking, embroidery, sewing (back then I had a machine), and the list goes on.  Relatives of mine can atttest to that because my afghans, framed needlepoints and various other works of art are displayed proudly (well I hope proudly) in their homes.  I made most of my birthday and Christmas presents.  I spent a lot of my spare time in "Lewiscraft" and "The Wool Shop" stocking up on supplies.  I also spent a small fortune having my needlepoints framed for my own home as well as gifts.

Well after awhile I grew tired of it and gave all my craft supplies and patterns away to a young girl I worked with many years ago who wanted to craft.  She didn't have any supplies or patterns so I made her day when I took them in to work for her.  She was ecstatic which made me happy.  Plus, I wanted to pursue photography (even back then) so I gladly gave hem to her.

Looking back, I wish I had kept at least some of it.  The patterns were from the seventies and irreplaceable.  Oh well, live and learn and learn and learn...hehe

So my latest thing is bracelet making.  I found some cool tutorials that I'm dying to try in between other projects that I'm working on.  I've bought soft bendable plastic cord to start and once comfortable with the patterns I'll move on to leather cords and more intricate designs. I especially love "celtic knots patterns" but that will be in the future when I have more experience. 

I also found some interesting "upcycling" tutorials that I will also try.

A friend of mine has been "upcycling" clothing for awhile now and has done a fabulous job but the tutorials cover a range of items besides clothing.  Items that can be found around the house.  Like I need more projects.  I should really finish the ones I've started.

I'll keep you updated on my progress and post pics as well.

 
Until later...
 
Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment