Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunny Sunday!

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Another beautiful day.  We needed the sun after so many grey days last week.  Speaking of grey, I am reading "50 Shades of Grey" and enjoying it immensely. Had to find out what all the hype was about.  So far, it's living up to it's reputation.  Will definitely be following up with the rest of the trilogy.

So last Tuesday my good friend arrived to go for lunch. 



Lynn and I
 
She is my advisor, my mentor and most of all my good friend. Both of us are enjoying our retirement and looking forward to our trip to Ireland in 2013.  The visit was too short as we have so much to talk about so will have to continue the conversation tonite during our weekly Sunday night call.
 
Still having problems uplading pics from my photo gallery to my posts so bear with me.
 
 
Lynn
 
Success!!! Now I wonder if I can upload three?  I'd probably be pushing my luck...
 
 
Me and Hubby
 
I don't believe it.  Success again!  Of course I have another advisor, mentor and good friend...my hubby.  I love this pic of us taken a few years ago at the Eaton Centre.  His love, understanding and patience has allowed me to be who I am and grow as a human being. I'm so fortunate to have him in my life...
 
Okay now before I get any more mushy  about me and hubby I have to say I am excited about Christmas.  Yes, I am calling it by it's rightful name "CHRISTMAS" not the "holidays" which apparently is more politically correct.  Oh please...  It's ridiculous how far we have carried this ludicrous idea that we may be offending non-Christian followers by calling it Christmas.  Anyone who knows me knows I am not a church goer but I am spiritual.  I believe in every person's right to follow whatever religion they want or not.  We should respect other's beliefs even if we do not agree with them because that is part of free-thinking and democracy and we are able to do this in this great country of ours.  Unfortunately, in keeping others happy we are giving up traditions that make us happy and are hundreds of years old.  We are losing our rights in the process.  It's sad really when you think about it. 
 
So there you have it.  Christmas is a wonderful time of year for all to enjoy!  With that said, I have the daunting task of digging out the Christmas decorations and getting the house in order.  I may fall in one of the boxes and hopefully someone will notice and come to my aid.
 
Hope everyone has a fabulous day and remember to get out there and take advantage of the deals because the retailers are competing for your business.  Don't forget to take along flyers for a "price match" where offered.
 
Ciao...
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment