Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesday!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Okay well I'm in a "thoughtful" mood this morning.  Thinking about all the things I've seen and done and hope to do in the future.

My b'day is coming up a week from tomorrow.  I'll be 61!!!  Wow!!!  I feel grateful to have made it this far considering the obstacles I've had to endure throughout my life on this planet earth.

Oh I know others have too.  Everyone has a story if we take the time to listen.

As a little girl growing up my biggest concern was making sure I earned my allowance so I could spend it on Saturday or worrying if my favorite flavored popsicle was still available at the corner store.  I was a bit of a geek.  I collected old coins, stamps and taught myself "braille".  I belonged to brownies, girl guides, sunday school and took various lessons all to make me a well-rounded individual.  I attended dance classes, drama, piano, swimming lessons and so on and so on.  I went to various summer camps, both through the church we attended and girl guides.

I feel life is a constant learning experience and being a curious person by nature, I just absorb it all in.  I never want to lose that curiousity or "wonder" at the things around me.

I feel sad for people who are no happy with their lives.  For whatever reason, they dwell on the negative.  I like to think I'm a positive person and try to emphasize that when dealing with negativity.

Where I got this from?  I don't know but I hope to always feel this way and wish everyone else did too.

I cherish all the memories I have, good and bad because it's part of life.  Someone once said that if you don't feel sorrow, how will you ever know happiness?  I believe that to be true.

After watching Annaliese Carr (14 years old)complete the swim across Lake Ontario, I was moved to tears.  You go girl!  She swam for 27 hours with strength and determination.  She fought back the obstacles she had to endure and succeeded in the end.  Proof that if you want something badly enough you can do it.

Face you worse fear an go for it!

Hope everone has a great day!!!



Ciao...





No comments:

Post a Comment