Friday, September 6, 2013

Family BBQ

Friday, September 6, 2013

Well things are slowly getting back to normal.  Oh I know I've been home for a week already but the body is still weary from the trip and I've caught a bug as well.

My birthday was on the 29th of August, the day after I arrived home.  Hubby and the kid treated me to dinner at "Scaddabush" the new name for "Alice Fazooli's".  It's now an Italian Kitchen and Bar.  Some of the same staff and some new but still excellent dining.  Reasonably priced as well.  We sat out on the patio and had a great time even though I was a little out of it (partly jet lag and partly a bug).  

Did I  mention that when hubby picked up Lynn and I at the airport that he presented us each with a bouquet of flowers?  What a guy!  I think he missed me...hehe

Well on Saturday we invited my sister-in-law and brother-in-law for a BBQ so I had a chance to talk about my trip, etc.

 
The Kid


Gilda, my sister-in-law
 

Danny, my brother-in-law (a fellow Scot)

 
Hubby cooking
 
We had a great time but unfortunately the next day was spent mostly in bed unwell.
 
I have to confess that I love this weather we're having.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  I can wear my comfy moccasins and cozy sweaters....and hopefully turn on the fireplace.  It doesn't get any better.
 
So tomorrow the kid and I are off to a baby shower for a dear friend of mine who is expecting around Thanksgiving.  She is having a boy named Connor and I couldn't be happier for her.
 
Hope everyone has a great day!
 
Until later...
 
 
 
Ciao
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment