Friday, August 16, 2013

Slowly Organizing!

Friday, August 16, 2013

Well this will probably be my last post until after my trip.

Busy organizing what to take with me, I always "over pack" or "under pack".  This time I'm going to try and get it right.  I do want to pack light so I have room for stuff I buy over there to bring home.

So my friend and I fly out at 10:05 pm Tuesday headed for London.

Three days there and then on to Paris for four more days before heading home.

There will be a lot of firsts for me on this trip.  Seeing England (finally) and taking the "Chunnel" under the English channel to name but a few.

The only other "overseas" vacation I went on was to Italy a few years ago. 

Although that trip was fabulous, I learned that when you're a smoker like myself you have to take measures to endure the long flight without a cigarette.  Those of you reading this who are non-smokers will not understand.

When we arrived in Rome I practically ran to the designated smoking room.  Leaping over people's baggage can be dangerous!  I was on a mission and didn't care who noticed and because this trip will be a night flight I plan to take a sleeping aid and hopefully pass out until we arrive in London. I'll probably do the same on the way home from Paris even though that will be an earlier flight, it will hopefully relax me enough that I won't think about having a smoke.

 
London at Night

 
Salute!
 
So when I return I will of course of lots of pics to share.

In the meantime, the EX opened today so hopefully hubby and I will make it there before I leave.

Everyone have a great weekend and good week ahead.

Until later...

Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment